Need help deciding which barrel to buy? Below is a list of our coopers and the grape varietals that have proven to be well suited with their barrels.
Caveat: These are general guidelines, and many other intriguing combinations can be possible!
- Chardonnay (enhances elegance)
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Pinot Noir
- Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio
- Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot
- Chardonnay and other barrel-fermented whites such as Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir and Syrah, particularly when a round, creamy texture is desired
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, Pinot Noir (for wines 14+ months in barrel)