The articles provided below contain various reports of research and technical interest to the wine barrel industry.
- 2018 Bouchard Cooperages Portfolio (PDF)
- For up-to-date industry news and information about Bouchard Cooperages and our family of coopers and products.
- VICARD Acquires Revolutionary New Patent (PDF)
- New technology essentially ensures all Vicard barrels are entirely free of blisters. Micro-perforations in staves allow for evaporation of excess moisture during toasting with no associated risk of microbial contamination. Supportive research (PDF) through independent French laboratory SARCO.
- Interview of Vincent Damy (PDF)
- Read a great interview of Tonnellerie Billon's Vincent Damy, written by Ola Bergman.
- Glossary of Winemaking Terms
- Questions? Come across an unfamiliar term like "barre" or "flagging"? Your answers are here in the "Glossary of Terms".
- Barrel Lore
- A fun, historical chronology of Vincent Bouchard's contributions to the winemaking industry.
- Forest Origin Comparison
- "The oak barrel contributes to wine quality in several ways. Most important is its role as flavor enhancer, which is what makes the subject of forest origin so interesting to winemakers."
- Cooper Comparisons
- Phase 1 - An objective study of our coopers' barrels providing detailed analysis of oak aroma and graphically demonstrating cooperage comparisons.
- Phase 2 - Follow-up study comparing extraction of oak compounds in water versus wine.